STREAM LIVE AND PRE-RECORDED TV AND VIDEO OVER AN IP NETWORK
With IPTV, you can easily distribute live terrestrial and satellite television and radio, video, DVDs, digital Video on Demand (VoD) and web content over IP. This multimedia content can be delivered over IP to your server or virtual environment in one of our Data Centres. The process of streaming from a downlink feed to IP is carried out using a TV Gateway, for larger scale distribution a multicast network is also used to distribute the content from the gateway to the relevant devices only.
CORE BENEFITS OF IPTV
- Flexible and Scalable – Enterprise IPTV enables the addition of new TV and video sources and users anywhere there is a network connection, without picture degradation, so it is quicker and less expensive to extend a system
- Rapid deployment – IPT video scalability and ease of management enables the rapid rollout of new TV, video and broadband services to the end user in response to needs and opportunities
- Save costly internet bandwidth – IPTV multicasting technology makes better use of LAN bandwidth, by streaming each channel once over the network regardless of the number of end viewers, rather than as multiple streams through your internet gateway
- Greater security – With IP video systems, all internet access to streaming content can be blocked at firewall for greater security and regulatory compliance, and built-in security tools ensure content is fully protected as it passes through the system
- Extensive access control – Granular control of content access by user or group enhances security and regulatory compliance
- Stream content beyond the wired LAN – Mobile consumers are able to keep up to date with the latest news, events and entertainment channels on their chosen device, at any time, wherever they are
- Focus on the user experience – IPTV frees AV experts from mundane wiring concerns to concentrate on core competency: the user experience from source to display, e.g., content generation, digital signage, designing boardroom display systems or corporate studios
- Lower management costs – IPTV brings AV distribution under IT control for lower management costs and more efficient network planning
An end-to-end IPTV solution from LDeX harnesses the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain by leveraging the Internet. LDeX solutions enable organizations to bring video to any device, in any format, anywhere in a connected environment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Which TV standards do the gateways support?
We can support a wide range of of standards including DVB-T/T2, DVB-C/C2, DVB-S/S2, ATSC, Clear QAM, ASI
Which stream formats do you support?
We support SD, HD, 4K, Ultra HD and HEVC broadcast streams
Can we buy this as a fully managed service?
Yes, we are currently providing a fully managed streaming service for many clients where we hand off multicast IP streams to an LDeX hosted virtual machine and the client adds their software to the virtual machine and does the rest. In these solutions we manage the Satellite or Terrestrial downlink, the TV gateway, the multicast network and also the virtual machines giving the end user more time to focus on their own products. We can also Encode and Transcode.
WHY CHOOSE LDEX MEDIA?
Fixed pricing model across portfolio
Extensive Streaming and Satellite distribution experience
Experienced multicast NOC team
We downlink all European and some African satellite frequencies
Resilient and multihomed UK Network
24 x 7 x 365 access to technical support